Learning to praise our Creator will bring greater peace into our lives.
Search for Peace
I’ve been searching for peace in a world filled with interruptions, heartaches, and pain. Most of us are. I began, like too many, looking in the wrong places.
I looked to others. I looked to things I consumed. I looked to myself.
Finally in desperation I sought the One my soul longed for all along: my Maker and Sustainer. I’ve strayed and made missteps, but God gently leads me on, closer and closer to Him.
Blessings of Praise
My journey led me to desire this relationship: a close, intimate one with my Lord. But I’ve discovered, I can’t have the fullness of relationship without an investment of time in that relationship. I can’t have the peace that defies human understanding, if I don’t remain focused on the One who offers it.
The key to lasting peace is to remain connected with the One who holds the key.
Focusing on our unchanging God offers hope. Reminding ourselves of His faithfulness brings our circumstances into perspective.
So I began practicing praise throughout each day, and my peace grew.
Everyday Praise Book Release!
Next thing I knew God invited me to write a book on the blessings of praise. Now one can’t say no to God, so I wrote. Six weeks ago today I released Everyday Praise: Walking in Greater Peace as a Kindle eBook and was blown away by how God has used it.
Today I’m excited to announce the much-anticipated release of the paperback version of Everyday Praise! Full-color Scripture images draw you into 31 short but powerful devotions. Each entry is highlighted by questions and thoughts to ponder and is capped by a to-the-point prayer. Take a look:
And here’s a sample of what readers are saying about the book:
“Beautiful, practical, and joyful – that’s how I would describe these daily devotions. If you are feeling overwhelmed by your circumstances or tired from struggles, this devotional book is for you! Everyday Praise brings the reader into a joyful place of praise through each daily reading. There are prayers, memory verses, reflection questions, and more. I enjoy this easy-to-read format, and I love the graphics!” ~Kristine
Now for the fun! I’m giving away 2 signed copies of the paperback version of Everyday Praise! All you have to do is follow the Rafflecopter directions to win one of the signed copies. With 2 winners you’ll have twice the chance.
Greater peace is definitely possible. Discover how praise can make a difference.
“Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; Sing praises to His name, for it is pleasant.” Psalm 135:3
Reflections: How have you struggled with peace in your life? Do you incorporate the practice of praise in your life? Why or why not?
- *Arrival of my EverydayPraise proof copy!; *Another fun football game and win, with Joey winding up his sophomore season with a touchdown catch; *Zach and Wes home to see Joey’s game
- *Attending Joey’s high school vocal concert with Zach and Wes along; *Friends giving of their time to provide advice; *Strangers and friends seeking us out to congratulate Rach on being voted Homecoming Queen
- *Being reassured again as to what a great roommate Zach has; *Mom coming for a visit and doing what she can to make my life easier; *Finding cute jammies that actually fit my girl</li>
- *Seeing people on the trail enjoying the coolness and beauty of fall; *Plans solidified to host this weekend a friend I met in Arkansas; *A little outside TLC done to the house
- *A baking day: pumpkin scones and pumpkin muffins!; *Watching Joey play his final football game of the season; *Welcoming Kristi Woods and members of her family to our barn
- *New favorite muffin and they’re pumpkin!; *Pushing Rach on her bike: always a joy; *Short but beautiful time spent with friends
- *A few minutes to catch up and encourage a friend after church; *Traveling friends home safely; *Couples Bible study with an amazing group of people
I'm so glad you're here to walk with me through this messy but glorious journey called life! Please consider sharing this post with your family and friends. And don't miss a single piece of encouragement! Sign up to get every post in your inbox. It's free, and you'll receive free gifts just for signing up. Oh, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Yours in grace ≈
- Affiliate links are found in this post.