I’m excited for you to experience God in a closer, more personal way, and I’m excited for you to be introduced to Wendy Blight and her amazing heart for God and for women. So don’t miss your chance to win a copy of her latest book, “I Know His Name.” Read all the way to the bottom of this post and enter to win a copy of Wendy’s book by following the simple invites on the Rafflecopter widget. Be sure to share this opportunity with your friends and family!
A close relationship requires commitment.
Having a strong marriage takes effort. It doesn’t just happen. You have to invest time and energy into getting to know your spouse and how to best please him.
But when it all clicks, few things deliver a greater reward. Our marriage grows as we invest in it.
Relationship with God
The same can be said of our relationship with God. If we want a dynamic close (and growing) relationship with Him, we need to invest some time and energy into it.
Unfortunately once the Lord becomes our Savior, many of us spend little time with Him. Maybe if we’re consistent church-goers, we hear a message preached about Him each Sunday. Perhaps we utter a quick prayer in a time of need or attend an extra worship service on a holiday.
Other than that, the Creator and Author of our lives barely gets a passing thought.
I cringe to admit this used to be me. I knew a little about this Lord I placed my salvation in, but I can’t say I really “knew” Him.
Since those years, my understanding of God has slowly grown through worship, His Word and in prayer. I’m finding the more time I invest in our relationship, the more my desire to know Him grows.
So when I heard the title and topic of Proverbs 31 Author and Speaker Wendy Blight’s new Bible Study, I Know His Name: Discovering Power in the Names of God, I couldn’t wait to dig into it.
Wendy has a deep love for the Lord and a desire to know Him intimately. She also possesses a genuine love for women and a desire to help them develop a closer walk with Him.
Combine these attributes into a book and you get a powerful, impactful Bible study.
In I Know His Name, Wendy dives deep into the heart of who God is by exploring Him in light of the names He bears in Scripture. From Elohim, the One who created you, to El Elyon, the One who is the God Most High, to each of the remaining 6 names in the book, Wendy helps us explore the character of our Lord.
She reveals the majestic and mysterious aspects of God as revealed in the Word. And she explores how those aspects relate to us personally and practically.
For example, Wendy explains how God’s love and passion for us, His children, is evident in His name Elohim as Creator. He created us to bear His image. That means “We share, though imperfectly and finitely, in God’s nature. He imparted His identity, emotions, personality, creativity, wisdom, love, holiness, and justice into each one of us.”
We have “within us the capacity to know God intimately and deeply.” Wow, with this in mind, Emmanuel, God With Us, takes on a much more significant meaning, don’t you think!
Wendy incorporates a variety of tools in her latest book, including prayers, memory verses, practical application sections, and biblical and historical insights to help women explore and deepen their faith in relation to a personal and faithful God.
She doesn’t want women to stay stuck in simply knowing about God. She longs for each of us to develop a deep and close relationship with the Lord. To know Him personally and intimately, and in so doing, experience a faith walk transformed by His very nature.
When we know God better, we know ourselves better. And in light of being created in His image, that can only be a good thing!
“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18
Reflections: What is your favorite name of God? Why?
Now to win your very own copy of I Know His Name, follow the instructions in this Rafflecopter!
- Legacy of faithful lives lived well left by those who went Home this weekend; Restocked kitchen; Having conversations that matter
- Doctor availability and medicine for Joey; The beauty of snow drifts sculpted by the wind; Up close with a Piliated Woodpecker: gorgeous birds
- Remembering, repenting, receiving; Church family who are so accepting, even embracing, of Rachel’s rather unique behavior; Soup supper at church!
- Resetting my day by debriefing with a friend; A cozy coffee house to work in when I have to be in town all day; Taxes done!
- Fabulous evening meal with Hubby at a quaint little cellar cafe; Celebrating the life & homegoing of a generous & godly man; Buying sweet tweets for those younger loves in my life
- Watching Rachel’s infectious love and joy in action; Seeing the beauty of Special Olympics in today’s basketball skill competition; Getting beat in a game of Aggravation by Rach and Joey!
- Watching 2 otters romp in the snow in our front yard this morning; Teaching a different Sunday School class with younger kids; Attending our church-sponsored sweetheart dinner with my sweetheart and Rach and being served by the youth, including Joey
I'm so glad you're here to walk with me through this messy but glorious journey called life! Please consider sharing this post with your family and friends. And don't miss a single piece of encouragement! Sign up to get every post in your inbox. It's free, and you'll receive free gifts just for signing up. Oh, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Yours in grace ≈