Never live as less than who you are: A child of God made in His image.
One of our kittens went missing a while ago. One night, Rachel and I went searching for it. Every few minutes we called its name, to no avail.
In a 2,000-acre park, we had no idea where to look for our kitty. It was on its own, too small for us to find in such a large area.
Have you ever felt too small or insignificant to be found or deemed useful?
You aren’t alone.
Queen Esther felt ill-equipped when it fell to her to petition the king for the lives of her people. Yet, she ended up saving them from certain death. “For such a time as this…” (Esther 4:14).
Moses thought he had nothing to offer as an Egyptian outcast and simple shepherd. But he ended up leading Israel out of captivity. “And God said, ‘I will be with you.'” (Exodus 3:12)
Then there’s King David, a young shepherd boy, least likely to be a king, yet specially appointed by God to lead His people. And even more amazing, God destined this young man to be the forefather of the Savior Himself (2 Samuel 7:12-13).
Biblical account after biblical account drives home God’s use of the least likely. From Mary, the mother of Jesus, to Matthew, the dishonest tax collector turned disciple, to Saul, the persecutor turned Apostle Paul, to those less known like the man who carried Jesus’ cross.
In Jesus’ earthly ministry, He noticed even the lowliest and called them to great things. He calls you too.
I need only look to my 16-year-old daughter, Rachel, as a reminder. Although she needs help to do many things, including dressing and bathing, she has shared the Lord’s love with more people than I ever could have imagined.
He has used her mightily. And continues to do so.
He wants to do the same through you.
You Are Valuable
Unlike our fruitless search for the kitten, the Lord always knows where to find us. And better yet, He never thinks we’re too small to matter.
In God’s plan, there’s always a place for each of us, no matter how insignificant we may think we are. [←Tweet this.]
After all, He chose to send a helpless infant to bring us everlasting life. Sending His Son for our salvation.
That’s how valuable you are to Him.
That’s how much He loves you.
“Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; they have no storeroom nor barn, and yet God feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds!” Luke 12:24
Reflection: Be reminded of your value in God’s eyes by reflecting on all the ways He’s demonstrated His love for you. What is just one that comes to mind quickly?
Although a bit late, I’m once again linking up with Ann Voskamp’s 2014 Joy Dare. Find the linkup at A Holy Experience. Beginning where I left off in 2013. What a blessing! #2945–2965, read the entire list by clicking here.
- “Singing” morning scales with my girl; Rare treat of planting garden with hubby; This gorgeous sunset
- Exercising outside on the deck in the cool morning air; Receiving Rachel’s forgiveness when my patience has worn thin; Redoes
- Support of a large extended family; Dinner out with hubby overlooking the river; Mist filling the valleys
- Enjoyed brick-oven pizza and a glass of wine today with my man on a deck overlooking the most gorgeous valley; Scaring up a turkey on my morning walk and two big bucks later on our drive; Slow morning
- Celebrating life and walking for a cure at Relay for Life tonight; Damselfly landing on my hand; Powerful church camp experience for Joey
- Boys playing with their cousins; Getting to know 2 darling toddlers, sons of a nephew; Time with Grandma
- Rain dancing around us during the day; Reconnecting at family reunion; Rachel coming down the hall with her herd! So cute.
I'm so glad you're here to help me praise the Lord! Please consider sharing this #31DaysofPraise series with your family and friends. And don't miss a single post. Sign up to get every post in your inbox. It's free, you'll receive free gifts just for signing up, and you can unsubscribe at any time. Yours in grace ≈ Julie
I'm so glad you're here to help me praise the Lord! Please consider sharing this #31DaysofPraise series with your family and friends. And don't miss a single post. Sign up to get every post in your inbox. It's free, you'll receive free gifts just for signing up, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Yours in grace ≈